125 High Street.

125 High Street.

125 High Street. Beaumaris House. Exterior, front. A grade II listed building. This was once ‘The Bear’ inn and is first mentioned in documents in 1637. In 1696 an inventory of Richard Jones mentions a gatehouse. In the 18th and 19th centuries it was a coaching inn which had an entrance to the rear yard on the northern part. There were pleasure gardens at the rear and these were approached from Salters Lane. In the 19th century it became a rectory for a brief time.