Chetwynd Old school.
Chetwynd Old school. (Last school) side view. Exterior, rear. The arch was the entrance that pupils used to enter the school. In the foreground is the boys playground, which consisted of a pebbly surface. On the left was the main school room. Built in the 1860’s during the remodelling of the Chetwynd estate by the new owner Thomas Borough, a wealthy iron founder from Derby.