Staff outside Chetwynd Mills and Creamery on Forton Road.

Staff outside Chetwynd Mills and Creamery on Forton Road.

Staff outside Chetwynd Mills and Creamery on Forton Road. Demolished and is now a petrol station. See staff with aprons and churns on the creamer side (left) and millers on the right (see hoist and sacks). In 1902 Chetwynd Mills & Creamery Co. took over the creamery in Forton road. It had shops at 41 and 83 High Street. By 1922, owned by United Dairies, and was a site for pig and poultry breeding until 1934. Chimney demolished in 1946. Subsequently became a transport site.