The Old Rectory, High Street exterior, front, previously known as “Hurlestone”.

The Old Rectory, High Street exterior, front, previously known as "Hurlestone".

Description:

The Old Rectory, High Street exterior, front, previously known as "Hurlestone". It was commissioned and built in 1760 by the Wilkinson family whose wealth came from the iron industry. Built on classical lines with intricate plaster work, mouldings, marble open fireplaces and sash windows. (Information provided by Savills estate agents in 2011) Now a grade II listed building.