Bridge over section of Donnington Wood Canal at Lilleshall.

Bridge over section of Donnington Wood Canal at Lilleshall.

Description:

Bridge over section of Donnington Wood Canal at Lilleshall. This branch of the canal went out of use with the end of the mining activity in about 1860. In 1890's the 4th Duke of Sutherland straightened and improved the long drive leading to the hall destroying approximately 800 yds of the canal as shown here.