Staff outside Chetwynd Mills and Creamery on Forton Road.

Description:

Staff outside Chetwynd Mills and Creamery on Forton Road. Demolished and is now a petrol station. See staff with aprons and churns on the creamer side (left) and millers on the right (see hoist and sacks). In 1902 Chetwynd Mills & Creamery Co. took over the creamery in Forton road. It had shops at 41 and 83 High Street. By 1922, owned by United Dairies, and was a site for pig and poultry breeding until 1934. Chimney demolished in 1946. Subsequently became a transport site.

Date: 1902-1910

File number: N001030

Classification code: 09.032

Category: