Butter Cross Market Hall.
Butter Cross Market Hall. Middle Row. Showing Puleston Cross within the market hall. The ‘Butter Market’ (aka ‘The Butter Cross’) was originally built by Richard Barnefield in 1632. William Adams left £20 in his will to have it taken down. Edward Jones relates that “Whether or not the building was removed or remained in its original position … there is no record to say”. Some records indicate that it was rebuilt by Thomas Talbot in 1665. The market was demolished c. 1860 as there was no further use for it when the new market hall was built.