Newport station. Platform with engine, passengers and milk churns. The line was the London North Western Railway. The original footbridge had no canopy and the cover was constructed probably at the same time as the Duke of Sutherland’s entrance in 1897. The building to the right was the original station with a pan tile roof, and it housed the station master’s flat on the first floor. When the bridge was built – the land of 1 Station Road had to be purchased to build the bridge – no 1 became the Station master’s house.