Tibberton Grange Farm.

Tibberton Grange Farm.

Description:

Tibberton Grange Farm. Lot 152 of Lilleshall Estate sale catalogue of 1912. Described as house, farm buildings, Dutch barns and 493 acres of land. Owner Duke of Sutherland prior to its sale in 1912 to the Lander family. The plaque above the front door has a coronet and 'M.S. 1810' which is a reference to the Marquis of Stafford, a title which the eldest sons held prior to becoming duke. A part of the house probably pre-dates this, since the wing on the west side has a timber frame construction. The land and buildings probably belong to Lilleshall Abbey before it became part of the dukes estate and the deeds specifically mention the need to clear the water courses. Published in 'An Account of the Improvements on the Estates of the Marquess of Stafford in the Counties of Stafford and Salop' by James Loch (1820).