View of Vineyard Road showing 34 to 40.
View of Vineyard Road showing 34 to 40. These buildings were the old workhouse complex. Built prior to 1787. Vineyard Road was previously called Workhouse Lane. The buildings were repaired in 1837, and had new offices and a registrar’s room. The rooms are tall, which suggest industrial use; probably textile industry. (Information from Lance Smith TSAS).